General Information
   
  Divisions
  Facilities (Contact Info & Directions)
  Inmate Information & Visiting Schedules
  Bail Info, Property Exchanges, Mail, etc
   
 
 
 
   
 

The Bristol County Sheriff's Office houses approximately 1500 men and women in several different facilities and is responsible for the care and custody of individuals who are sentenced or awaiting trial, and detainees who are in deportation proceeding with Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Additionally, the BCSO works in partnership with law enforcement agencies, government entities and community groups, lending resources to train, educate, and respond to the safety concerns of our communities. Three adult correctional facilities, a juvenile alternative lock-up, a regional lock-up, and a host of divisions ranging from Civil Process to Homeland Security comprise the Department.

In 1990 the Bristol County Jail and House of Correction in Dartmouth was opened on the 150-acre site on Faunce Corner Road in North Dartmouth. From 1990 to the present day the population has increased by more than 300%. Presently, over 80% of the Bristol County inmate/detainee population is housed at one of the three facilities on the complex. The remaining 20% of inmates are housed at the Ash Street Facility, in nearby New Bedford. The Ash Street Facility, originally built in the early 1800’s has long been considered one of the oldest if not the oldest operating jail in the country. Click here for more information of the history of the Bristol County Sheriff's Office.

 
Cities Served:
 
Attleboro
Fall River
New Bedford
Taunton
 
Towns Served:
Acushnet
Berkley
Dartmouth
Dighton
Easton
Fairhaven
Freetown
Mansfield
Norton
North Attleboro
Raynham
Rehoboth
Somerset
Seekonk
Swansea
Westport


  

For website related questions or comments, email the Webmaster: jeremycorriveau@bcso-ma.org
Bristol County Sheriff's Office Address: 400 Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth, MA 02747 Phone: 508.995.6400 Web: www.bcso-ma.us